Would you like to be a hero and make the world a little better? Are you looking for a meaningful occupation and do you love sport? If you would also like to be part of a closely-knit team, then you’re in exactly the right place! We – the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023 – are looking for people like you! Together with you, we want to put together a thrilling major sports event that makes history.
As the organizers of the world’s biggest inclusive sports event for people with and without intellectual disabilities, we are expecting around 7,000 athletes as well as Unified partners from 170 countries in Berlin from 17 to 25 June 2023. We are sending a worldwide signal with Special Olympics World Games: our goal is to make a sustainable contribution to an inclusive society and cause people to rethink things by hosting World Games and afterwards. With our hearts and our actions, we are committed to increasingly opening up sports clubs for people with intellectual disabilities and to continuing to promote sport in the service organizations for people with disabilities.
To strengthen our team in division Constituent Services, we are looking for the following to join us, ideally by September 1st, 2022:
‘Delegation Relationship, Coordinators’ (m/f/d)
Special Olympics World Games 2023 in Berlin
Full time / 40 hours a week / limited until 2023
The division Constituent Services is subdivided in the Functional Areas (FAs) of Delegations, Family Services, Protocol / International Relations / Honored Guests, Spectator Services & Ticketing and Language & Translation. Delegation Services is the primary interface between Delegations and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) in the lead up to the Games and at Games time. The responsibility of Delegation Services is to make sure that each Delegation is warmly welcomed and assisted before and during Games to provide Delegations with an unforgettable experience.
We would entrust you with fulfilling the following tasks:
- Responsible for 25 to 30 Delegations and serve as the primary point of contact between the Head of Delegations and the LOC in the lead up to the Games and at Games time
- Work closely with the Heads of Delegations (HODs) and Assistant Heads of Delegations (AHODs) to provide Delegations with all necessary support and services to ensure that all Delegations feel welcomed and assisted in a manner that respects and celebrates their cultural diversity
- Ensure that the HODs and AHODs receive timely and accurate information so that they are always up to date
- Ongoing contact with Delegations to understand their requirements & efficient management of Delegation requests, while considering the individual situation and needs of each Delegation
- Work closely with all Functional Areas (FAs) in the LOC to ensure that the needs of Delegations are taken care of
- Provide registration support to Delegations
- Support with translations
- Become familiar with all Games operations to provide Delegations with the best support possible
- Support the Delegation Services Managers in the planning and delivery of Delegation services and events
You will work with seven other Delegation Relationship Coordinators focussing on different regions (Africa, Asia Pacific & East Asia, Europe Eurasia, Latin America, MENA, North America & Africa). This will allow us to effectively and efficiently manage Delegation requests while taking into account the individual situations and needs of each Delegation. Due to the varying size of the regions, sometimes multiple Delegation Relationship Coordinators will be responsible for one region.
It would be outstanding if you can offer the following skills:
- Experience in events management or customer service / guest relations is recommended (ideally in a similar role)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Multicultural understanding: ideally you are familiar with the assigned region and culture
- A passion for guest service
- Experience in sport with people with disabilities is desirable
- Structured and efficient working style
- Ability to analyse, solve problems quickly, and use common sense
- Attentive to detail, organized, and able to deliver under pressure without supervision
Depending on the region, certain language skills are required:
- Africa à Fluency in English and strong language skills in French, Portuguese & German language skills advantageous
- Asia Pacific & East Asia à Fluency in English and strong language skills in Chinese Mandarin, German language skills advantageous
- Europe Eurasia #1 à Fluency in English and strong language skills in French / Spanish, German language skills advantageous
- Europe Eurasia #2 à Fluency in English and strong language skills in German
- Europe Eurasia #3 à Fluency in English and strong language skills in Russia, German language skills advantageous
- Latin America à Fluency in English and strong language skills in Spanish, German language skills advantageous
- MENA à Fluency in English and strong language skills in Arabic, German language skills advantageous
- North America & Africa à Fluency in English and strong language skills in French, German language advantageous
Besides huge emotions and the immeasurable thanks of our athletes, we also offer you the opportunity…
- … to help organize a unique event at the heart of Europe
- … to deal with an extremely important range of social issues
- … to be part of a committed, dynamic and growing team
- … to enjoy the greatest possible design freedom and personal responsibility
- … to get to know a gigantic network within the world of German sport
We are much more than a conventional major sports event. That’s why we want you in all of your uniqueness, just as you are, with all of your facets. Here, everyone can be what how they want to be and is.
We welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, disability, age, and sexual orientation and identity. Applicants with disabilities will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
Diversity management is an important element of our human resources policy. As a non-native German speaker, please don’t hesitate to apply for this job offer. We welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, disability, age, and sexual orientation and identity. Applicants with an intellectual disability will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
Please send us your application documents, stating the respective region, your salary expectations and the earliest date you can start, by Monday, February 21st, 2022 at the latest to email@example.com. If you have any technical or organizational questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website www.berlin2023.org provides all of the important information you need to know about us, our event and the special charisma of our athletes.