In 2023, the world’s largest inclusive sporting event will be held at the heart of Europe. Germany will welcome approx. 7,000 athletes from some 170 countries. The sports city Berlin is looking forward to what will hopefully be unforgettable Games!
With the World Games we are sending a worldwide signal: We are making a clear stance in favor of inclusion in society and are intending to get people to rethink. Our aim with and after the staging of the World Games 2023 is to be accepted by Germany’s municipalities, to open up sports clubs more to mentally challenged people, and to promote sport in organizations that support the disabled.
We are working towards #Berlin2023 with enormous expertise. For the technology team the Local Organization Committee (LOC) is looking at the earliest possible date for a
Manager, IT Operations (m/f/d) for the Special Olympics World Games 2023 in Berlin
Full-time / 40-hour week / position until 2023
The Manager, IT Operations will be responsible for all Personal Systems, Services and IT assets that will be deployed throughout the years leading to the Games in both the HQ and the Competition/Non-Competition Venues. This role will be responsible for the overall Functional Area planning, the resources and the policies & procedures that will be required to deliver the World Games.
Your duties will include in particular the following:
To define the scope of Work and Service level agreement for the contractors
- To define the structure and concept of Technology Delivery in the HQ and in the Technology support throughout all venues
- Overall management of the Functional Area under Technology division
- Manage the team of Games Time Technology staff and specialists to ensure the delivery of Technology services required to conduct Berlin 2023 event to the agreed level
- Collaborate and co-operation with Technology Leadership team to deliver the high standard event
- Working closely with governor organization SOI to make sure all clients are satisfied with the services provided
- Responsible for provision of Global Task monitoring about the key deliverables
- Co-ordinate and oversee the installation and configuration of all IT assets across all venues and ensure readiness ahead of events
- Adhere to the support processes and procedures during the operational phase
- End to End Management of the Cloud Infrastructure that will include but not limited to Azure, AWS etc.
- This position is a hands-on role, with technical experience required
The qualifications you should have:
- Min of 4 Years of experience in the IT Operations domain managing 100’s of users
- Excellent hands-on experience with Cloud services like Azure, AWS, G Suite
- Certifications like MCP, MCSE Cloud, MCSE Business Applications etc will be an added value
- Experience with Enterprise deployments
- Good understanding and Experience with ERP systems deployment
- Able to work in a fast-paced start up environment
- Excellent communication skills
- English is a must. Any extra languages is an added value.
- People management skills
- Shaping of a unique event at the heart of Europe
- Shaping of a topic of social significance
- Management responsibility in a dynamic, growing team
- High degree of creative flexibility and responsibility
In order to continue the positive development of the Special Olympics in Germany we need you and actively promote equal opportunities for all employees. As such, diversity management is an important element of our human resources policy.
Please send your application (organizational or technical questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. We kindly request you to submit your application by Monday, January 27, 2020.